Truck-ramming attack kills 4 Zionist soldiers, injures 18 in al-Quds
At least four Israeli regime soldiers have been killed and more than a dozen others injured when a truck rammed into Israel's military forces in the occupied al-Quds.
Israeli police spokeswoman, Luba Simari, said the incident took place in the Armon HaNetziv (also known as East Talpiot) promenade in southern part of East Jerusalem al-Quds on Sunday afternoon as a large truck veered off road and plowed through a group of Israeli soldiers who had just gotten off a bus, Arabic-language Palestine al-Yawm news agency reported.
She added that four Israeli soldiers lost their lives and 18 others sustained injuries in the attack. Three of the wounded troopers are said to be in critical condition.
Palestinian sources, however, identified the man as Fadi Qanbar – a former prisoner and resident of the Old City of al-Quds.
Meanwhile, in a related development, the Islamic Jihad Movement in Palestine termed the incident as a natural response from Palestinians to the ongoing Israeli aggression and its violent treatment of Palestinian people.
Later reports indicated that Israeli forces had stormed Jabal al-Mokaber region in occupied East Jerusalem al-Quds, breaking into the house of the Palestinian allegedly behind the truck ramming attack.
The truck-ramming attack came on the same day that Israeli regime military released statistics showing that 41 soldiers had lost their lives last year. The report noted that four Israeli soldiers were killed during operations carried out by Palestinian resistance fighters, two were killed in air accidents, seven in road crashes, five in different incidents, six died of grave illness and 15 others committed suicide.