• Israel warns Gaza fighters against revenge attack over tunnel demolition

A high-ranking Israeli military commander has warned Palestinian resistance fighters against carrying out an attack in revenge for Zionist regime’s destruction of a tunnel stretching from the besieged Gaza Strip into the heart of occupied territories last month.

According to Press TV, Major General Yoav Mordechai, the Head of an Israeli Ministry Unit Responsible for Activities in the Palestinian Lands, said in an Arabic-language video published on late Saturday that Israel “destroyed a … tunnel” on October 30, which resulted in the martyrdom of fourteen fighters from al-Quds Brigades, which is the military wing of the Islamic Jihad movement, and the Ezzedeen al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of the Hamas resistance movement.

“We’re aware of the plot that Palestinian Islamic Jihad is concocting against Israel. They are playing with fire at the expense of residents of the Gaza Strip, Palestinian reconciliation efforts and the stability of the entire region,” Mordechai alleged.

He added, “Just to be clear, Israel will respond forcefully and resolutely to any Islamic Jihad reaction whatsoever — not just against Jihad, but also against Hamas.”

The senior Israeli military official also addressed the Damascus-based Islamic Jihad leadership, calling on Ramadan Shalah and Ziad Nakhaleh to “take control over the situation,” as they are the ones “who will be held accountable” for any attack.

The Israeli military says it is withholding the bodies of five Palestinian resistance fighters martyred in the demolition of the tunnel.

“We are indeed in possession of those bodies … All were killed or died inside Israeli territory, not in the Gaza Strip,” Israel’s Military Spokesman Jonathan Conricus told AFP on November 5.

ME

Nov 13, 2017 06:53 UTC
Comments