Four civilians dead, 6 injured as Saudi warplanes hit Yemen’s Sa’ada
At least four civilians have been killed when Saudi military aircraft carried out a string of airstrikes in Yemen's northwestern province of Sa’ada as the Saudi regime presses ahead with an atrocious military campaign against its crisis-hit southern neighbor.
Local sources, speaking on condition of anonymity, said four people lost their lives and six others sustained injuries on Monday afternoon, when Saudi fighter jets struck two vehicles in the al-Qatinat area of Baqim district, Yemen’s Arabic-language al-Masirah television network reported.
The development came shortly after scores of Saudi-sponsored militiamen loyal to Yemen's resigned president, Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, were killed and injuried when Yemeni army forces fired a domestically-manufactured ballistic missile at their base on the western coast of the country.
A Yemeni military source, requesting not to be named, said Yemeni soldiers and allied fighters from Popular Committees launched a Qaher 2-M (Subduer 2-M) missile at the base.
Earlier in the day, Yemeni soldiers and their allies had fired a short-range ballistic missile towards King Faisal Air Base in Khamis Mushait city of the kingdom’s southwestern border region of Asir.
The missile reportedly hit its target accurately and left massive destruction at the air base.
There were no immediate comments from Saudi officials on the missile attack.
At least 13,600 people have been killed since the onset of Saudi Arabia’s military campaign against Yemen in 2015. Much of the country's infrastructure, including hospitals, schools and factories, has been reduced to rubble due to the war.