• US president to announce 'deal of century' on Palestine within next few weeks: Nasrallah

The secretary general of the Lebanese Hezbollah resistance movement says US President Donald Trump is set to officially announce his much touted “deal of the century” within coming weeks.

According to Press TV, addressing his supports via a televised speech broadcast live from the Lebanese capital city of Beirut on Monday evening, Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah stated that the “deal of century” started ever since Trump announced his decision on December 6 last year to recognize al-Quds as Zionist entity’s capital and relocate the US embassy in Occupied Palestine from Tel Aviv to al-Quds.

Nasrallah added that the Palestinian right of return, which is a cornerstone of the Palestinian cause, will be abolished under the “deal” and a future Palestinian state could only be established within the Gaza Strip.

The Hezbollah chief noted that some Arab states are inventing religious pretexts to legitimatize the illegal Zionist entity’s occupation of Palestinian lands, stressing that the Riyadh regime is claiming that the occupied territories belong to Israel.

“The Palestinian cause relies on regional nations, who will never betray it. The Palestinian Authority must not sign this so-called deal of century by any means,” Nasrallah pointed out.

He then called upon resistance movements in the Middle East region not to give in to US and Israeli pressures, describing Trump, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman as the pillars of the new deal for Palestine.

Nasrallah further underlined that Americans never tend to honor their promises and are not trustworthy in any sort of agreement, pointing to Washington’s recent withdrawal from the 2015 nuclear deal with Iran.

“The United States did not care at all about the interests of its allies when exiting the atomic agreement with Tehran. Therefore, peace talks for Palestine will yield no outcome if the US is included,” the Hezbollah secretary general commented.

Nasrallah then made a reference to the recent Israeli missile attacks on the occupied Golan Heights in Syria, advising Israeli officials to stop their acts of aggression or face stinging retaliation.

He dismissed Israeli regime allegations about the number of casualties and extent of damage in the aftermath of the assaults, emphasizing that the Tel Aviv sought to conceal its failures through such lies.

The Hezbollah chief then criticized Bahraini Foreign Minister Sheikh Khalid bin Ahmed Aal-e Khalifah over his support for Israel’s latest missile attack on Syria, saying, "There is no more ugliness than the remarks of this idiot and traitor."

“We dispelled all illusions concerning Israel’s war machine. We undermined their morale and shattered their myth of invincibility,” Nasrallah said.

He finally hoped for positive steps to form the new Lebanese government as soon as possible.

SS

Tags

May 14, 2018 19:23 UTC
Comments