• Zionist entity not in a position to invade Lebanon: Hezbollah official

A high-ranking member of the Lebanese Hezbollah resistance movement says the ongoing developments in the Zionist-occupied territories do not allow the Tel Aviv regime to launch new military aggression on Lebanon.

“Zionist entity has some political and military circumstances that do not allow it to think of waging a war against Lebanon at this time,” Arabic-language online newspaper Elnashra quoted Hezbollah Deputy Secretary General Sheikh Naim Qassem as saying on Thursday.

Sheikh Qassem, however, noted that Hezbollah is ready for any possible military confrontation.

“Also, Lebanese security services are doing a good job in taking preemptive measures to stop terrorist attacks,” he pointed out.

Addressing his supporters last month via a televised speech marking the 12th anniversary of Hezbollah’s victory in the 2006 Israeli war on Lebanon, Hezbollah Secretary General Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah stressed that the movement is not scared of a potential war with the illegal Zionist entity.

“No one should threaten us with war and no one should scare us by war... We are not scared or worried about war and we are ready for it and we will be victorious,” he said on August 14.

“The resistance in Lebanon today, in its possession of weapons and equipment and capabilities and members and cadres and ability and expertise and experience, and also of faith and determination and courage and will, is stronger than at any time since its launch in the region,” Nasrallah pointed out.

SS

Tags

Sep 13, 2018 14:54 UTC
Comments