Kushner, Bolton, Pompeo talk to Saudi prince over journalist’s possible assassination
Top Trump administration officials have talked to Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman about the disappearance of a dissident Saudi journalist in Turkey.
According to Press TV, National Security Adviser John Bolton and President Donald Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner initially talked to him about Jamal Khashoggi.
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo also had a follow-up call with the Saudi’s de facto leader.
"In both calls they asked for more details and for the Saudi government to be transparent in the investigation process," the White House said.
White House Spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders added that the US would continue to inquire about the fate of the journalist.
Khashoggi was last seen late last week after entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, where Turkish officials insist that he was killed inside the facility, an allegation denied by Saudi officials.
The Turkish Daily Sabah has released the identities of the Saudi operatives, who had apparently travelled from Riyadh to Istanbul on two private jets and entered the Saudi mission on October 2 as Khashoggi entered the building.
Khashoggi’s mysterious disappearance has led to protests in front of the Saudi Embassy in Washington, DC, where activists demanded justice for missing journalist.
Several US senators triggered an investigation and potential sanctions against Riyadh.
The lawmakers, Bob Corker, Bob Menendez, Lindsey Graham and Patrick Leahy wrote a letter to Trump demanding a probe under the Global Magnitsky Human Rights Accountability Act.
They urged Trump to consider any information in the investigation "including with respect to the highest ranking officials in the Government of Saudi Arabia."
"If this man was murdered in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, that would cross every line of normality in the international community," Graham said.