Hezbollah: No spot in Israel safe from our missiles
Hezbollah’s deputy secretary general says there is no spot across Israel outside the range of the Lebanese resistance movement’s missiles.
“There is not a single point in the occupied territories out of reach of Hezbollah’s missiles,” Sheikh Naim Qassem told Tehran-based al-Vefagh newspaper in remarks published Sunday.
The usurper regime of Israel has launched a series of operations along the Lebanese border, and an Israeli minister has hinted at possible incursion into Lebanon in order to destroy what the regime claims Hezbollah tunnels.
An Israeli incursion into Lebanon would likely spark a major confrontation with Hezbollah. The Lebanese resistance movement has warned that Israel would "regret" invading Lebanon.
“The Zionists cannot tolerate such a high level of threats in confrontation with Hezbollah, which is why they have no motive for entering another war with Lebanon,” Sheikh Qassem said.
He said the Lebanese resistance movement has built such a deterrence which has prevented Israel from taking any action against Lebanon since 2006.
“Even when they threaten they say, ‘If Hezbollah attacks us’ they will react, because the rules of engagement created in Lebanon by Hezbollah have made it very difficult for Israel to even consider launching a war against Lebanon,” he said.
Last week, Israel launched "Operation Northern Shield" to uncover and destroy what it claimed tunnels dug by Hezbollah into the occupied territory.
Intelligence and transport minister Israel Katz said Friday that Israeli forces may need to go into Lebanon to deal with the alleged tunnels.
Qassem further said the situation on the ground in Syria is improving day by day, where victories achieved by the Syrian Army and its allies are quite visible now.
Hezbollah’s deputy secretary general said a political solution has to be found to the crisis but the United States is preventing it through its military operations in the Arab country and supporting certain militant groups.