Jul 22, 2021 18:49 UTC
  • Syria says to spare no effort to defend its sovereignty after new Israeli raid

Reacting to Zionist entity’s new airstrikes, Syria says it will spare no effort to defend its sovereignty in the face of Israeli acts of aggression.

In a statement on Thursday, Syria’s foreign ministry stressed that Damascus would not hesitate to exercise its right to defend the territorial integrity and sovereignty of the West Asian country, Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA) reported.

The ministry also confirmed that the Israeli regime carried out fresh aerial aggression on Syria at about 1:13 a.m. local time on Thursday, when it targeted a number of localities in al-Qusayr area in the central province of Homs with missiles.

The airstrikes were conducted from the northeastern direction of the Lebanese capital, it said.

Earlier, SANA reported that Syrian defenses had intercepted most of the missiles before they reached their desired targets.

This is the third time in a row that the occupying regime tries to strike targets within the West Asian country in the space of just one week.

On Tuesday, Syria’s air defenses shot down seven out of eight missiles that had been launched by Israeli warplanes during their aggression the northwestern Syrian province of Aleppo. A day earlier, the Syrian military intercepted several missiles that had been fired during Israeli airstrikes against the same province.

“Syria calls on the UN to oblige Israel to respect resolutions related to the 1974 Disengagement of forces Agreement and to hold all parties that support terrorism and launch attacks on Syrian sovereignty accountable for their terrorism and crimes against the Syrian people,” the statement read.

The ministry stressed that all Israel’s attacks and crimes against Syria form “flagrant violations of the Charter of the UN and the provisions of international law and Security Council resolutions no. 242, 338, 350 and 497, and all relevant international resolutions.”

SS

 

Tags