Aug 10, 2022 13:29 UTC
  • Palestinian man dies of wounds sustained during latest Israeli onslaught on Gaza Strip

A Palestinian man seriously injured in the latest Israeli aggression on the besieged Gaza Strip has died of his wounds, raising the death toll from the three-day-long bloody assaults on the impoverished coastal sliver to at least 47, including 16 children and four women.

Palestinian medical sources identified the man as Ibrahim Shehda Abu Salah.

The sources added that the 41-year-old was seriously injured last Saturday, when Israeli military forces fired missiles and shells at a residential neighborhood in Beit Hanoun city, which lies on the northeast edge of the Gaza Strip, leaving several Palestinians dead and dozens of others wounded.

On Monday, the Ministry of Health in the Gaza Strip announced in a statement that a young girl had succumbed to serious wounds sustained in Israeli attacks.

The ministry said the 10-year-old child, identified as Hanin Abu Qayda, was critically injured on August 6, when the Israeli army targeted a civilian car in the Bedouin village of Umm al-Nasr.

Her grandmother, Na’ama Mohammad Abu Qayda, 62, was instantly martyred in the strike, while seven members of her family were wounded.

Israeli forces arrest 14 Palestinians across occupied West Bank

Meanwhile, Israeli forces carried out raids in several areas in the West Bank, kidnapping 14 Palestinians in a wide-ranging arrest campaign across the occupied Palestinian territory.

The Palestinian news agency Wafa, citing Palestinian security sources, reported that Israeli forces three Palestinians were arrested in al-Mughayyir village, located 27 km northeast of Ramallah in the occupied West Bank.

Another Palestinian was arrested in Deir Jarir agricultural town as well.

Israeli troops also detained two people at a military checkpoint in Jaba' town, located northeast of al-Quds.

The other arrests were made in the town of Al-Khader, Bethlehem city, and in the vicinity of the Augusta Victoria Hospital in East al-Quds.

The developments came a day after three Palestinians, including a senior resistance commander, were martyred by Israeli forces during a raid on the occupied West Bank city of Nablus.