Eight Indian tourists die in Nepal resort
Eight Indian tourists, including four children, have died after they were found unconscious in their room at a hill resort in Nepal, officials say.
The eight — two couples and their children — had slept in one room at a hotel in Daman, a popular tourist destination in Makwanpur district, about 55 kilometers from Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal.
"They were found unconscious this morning and airlifted to Kathmandu but died during treatment," police spokesman Shailesh Thapa Chettri said on Tuesday.
The families, from the southeastern Indian state of Kerala, used a gas heater in their room to keep warm, a district official told AFP.
"We suspect they died of suffocation, but autopsy reports will confirm the cause," Chettri added.